Collin the Speedy Boy: Shallow Rises (known in some countries as Collin the Speedy Boy 2: Shallow Rises and simply just Collin the Speedy Boy 2 or Collin 2) is a American computer-animated action-adventure comedy-drama fantasy film directed by Robert Zemeckis and prouduced by Roy Lee and Chris Jenkins. It is a sequel to Collin the Speedy Boy and the second installment of the film saga.
Collin and his gang are back at the big screen! This time, they must fight an evil apatosaurus, but they use team up with the Teary Eyeds to stop him.
- Freddie Highmore as Collin the Speedy Boy, the main protongist of the film
- Josh Gad as Tommy the Opossum, Collin's best opossum friend and the deutaongist.
- Selena Gomez as Teary Eyed Bryte, an Teary eyed and the minor antagonist and Haley Grace Malone, one of Collin's best friends.
- Tara Strong as Heather Lansdell, one of Collin's friends.
- Demi Lovato as Hannah Abernathy, one of Collin's friends.
- Elijah Wood as Jake, one of Collin's friends.
- Robert Downey Jr as Patrick, one of Collin's friends.
- Phil LaMarr as Wesdragon, one of Collin's best friends.
- Jason Griffith as Trent Wright, one of Collin's friends.
- Anne Hathaway as Caleigh Allen, one of Collin's best friends.
- Megan Fox as Laney Jefferys,
- Kristen Wiig as Lagan Ann Fuller, one of Collin's best friends
- Amy Poehler as Haley Flanagan, one of Collin's friends
- Josh Peck as Flappy McFinger
- Chris Pratt as GoofFinger
- Tom Kane as VoodooFinger
- Ariel Winter as IceFinger
- Grant Gustin as Razor McFinger
- Dave Boat as Gurkha
- J.K Simmons as Sharp
- Sam Neill as Vincent
- Matt Hill as Phil
- Leah Remini as Jim Carrey as Quillwing and Nightshade
- Morgan Freeman as Master of Speed (ghost)
- Ashley Tisdale as Stacie the Speedy Girl, a college girl who somehow survived the Alabama destruction, is Collin's best friend and the tritagonist. (She is Sergeant Otter's daughter in the film series only)
- Ty Burrell (in style of Bailey from Finding Dory) as Cooper Elledge, a Brusses griffon who survived the Alabama destruction and got speed, later becomes Collin's pet.
- Wallace Shawn as Sergeant Otter, a sea otter who is Stacie's adopted father.
- Matt L. Jones (in style of Kyle from Home) as SlothFinger, a sloth-finger who is befriended by the gang.
- Jim Parsons as Eli
- Kevin Hart as The Elefish King
- Jenny Slate as Ariel Naylor, a human who survived the Alabama crash and she had owned a Parasaurlophus named Apollo.
- Frank Welker (noises) as Lickety Spit; Apollo (noise)
- TBA as Baylee Mardis
- TBA as Hannah Morgan
- Haliee Steinfield as Aleia Kelsey, a 10th grader girl who survived the destruction and is the primary (but former) antagonist, later turned into a secondary tritagonist.
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Caitlin Staggs, an 10th grader girl.
- Kate Winslet (in style of Rose from Titanic) as Heather Adams, an 11th grader girl.
- Ben Stiller as Carlos
- Will Arnett as Sandler
- Katy Perry as Tootsie, an Apatosaurus and Jasmine Todd, Collin's girlfriend.
- Ed Helms as Brandon (the brontosaurus)
- Liam Neeson as Shallow, an shadow apatosaurus and the main antagonist.
- Conrad Vernon, Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen as Shallow's Velociraptor minions/guards.
- The sequel will be set in 7 months after the events of the previous film.
- This will be the first non-The LEGO Movie sequel.
- The movie was originally gonna be known as Collin the Speedy Boy: Rise of the Teary Eyeds, but due to having Shallow as a main antagonist and the name is getting boring, it was changed to Collin the Speedy Boy: Shallow Rises
- In Japan, the movie was known as Fingers: Collin and Stacie (指: コリン ・ ステイシー) and in Germany as Collin and Stacie.
- Collin the Speedy Boy: The Wrath of Ka-Control
- Collin the Speedy Boy: The Collin Sonic Power Hour
- Collin the Speedy Boy: The Collin Sonic Power Hour 2
- Collin the Speedy Boy: The Collin Sonic Power Hour 3
- Collin the Speedy Boy: The Final Speed (final film)
The third film will include The Tears (Tear Stacie, Alexis, Morgan 'Brooke', Tear Austin and Savannah) Diesel, Izzy, Austin, Ka-Control (an new main antagonist who captures and make them his minions), Captain Phineas and Dr. Soupcan.
The third film will be directed by Robert Zemecksis and Jessica Borutski. Some characters that appeared in the first and second film will not return. Charlize Theron has signed in for a unknown role. It was also confirmed that Pereria won't return to compose the music, as he was replaced by Mychael Danna and Jeff Danna
Robert Zemeckis will not return to direct the final film, but he will executive produce and write the movie, he was replaced by Jessica Borutski (who was the director of the third film) as a director instead. John Debney is in talks to compose the music for the last film.
Heitor Pereira returned to compose the sequel's soundtrack.
The sequel, like the first film, is rated PG in US and UK. It received a basis of peril, action, mild rude humor and some thematic elements. It is also the WAG film to get a PG rating in the UK, after The Bunnicula Movie and Collin the Speedy Boy. However, unlike the first film, which was rated PG in Canada, the movie got a lighter rating in Canada, this time, the film is rated G.
The movie, like its first film, is accompanied by a short. This time, it is a theaterical Looney Tunes short set in the Wabbit universe titled Squeaks' Summer Cleaning.
- Speed of Light - Composed by Heitor Pereira (teaser music)
- Wild Ones by Flo Rida ft. Sia (Trailer 1)
- Shooting Star by Owl City (some TV Spots)
- Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (TV Spots)
- Still Speedy by Spencer Lee (released on January, 4 months before the film was released, used for Trailer 2 and 3)
- Shadows by Cher Llyod
Like its first film, the sequel recieved positive reviews. On Rotton Toamtoes, it had a score of 86%. On MetaCritic, it had the same score as the first film, which is 78 of 100, indicating "generally favorable reviews". On CinemaScope, it was given a "A-".
Like its previous installment, the film was a commerical success, grossing over at least $800 million, higher than it made in the last film's theaterical run.