The Chronicles of Collin the Speedy Boy is a American animated series developed by Warner Bros. Animation for Cartoon Network. It is the first series of the Collin the Speedy Boy franchise. The show's theme song is sung by Abandoned Pools. Starting with Season 3, new episodes moved to WB Kids, but the show will still remain on Cartoon Network. The fourth season serves as the last season for the show because either they feel like 104 episodes are enough, have time to produce the television film based off the Teen Titans Go! series or foreshadowed by Teen Titans Go!.
The adventures of a fast boy and his gang are chronicled.
- Jason Griffith as Collin the Speedy Boy, Lil' Swampy and Cooper
- Grey DeLisle as Teary Eyed Bryte, Jasmine Todd, McKinsley Skipworth
- Hynden Walch as Elisha Preston and Gummy McBubbles
- Scott Menville as Tommy the Opossum (speaking)
- Samuel Vincent as Snack McFinger
- Katie Griffin as Sue the Flying Squirrel
- Phil LaMarr as Trent Wright; Wesdragon and The Elefish King
- Kathryn Cressida as Stacie the Speedy Girl and Nancy Samano
- Tara Strong as Lagan Fuller
- Cindy Robinson as FireFinger
- Scott Underwood as RockFinger
- TBA as WindFinger
- TBA as ElectricFinger
- TBA as StretchyFinger
- Rob Paulsen as GoofFinger
- Tabitha St. Germain as CheeFinger
- Dee Bradley Baker as MacaroniFinger, Red and Tommy the Opossum (vocal effects)
- Lara Jill Miller as IceFinger
- Billy West as Flappy McFinger, Ted, Silky the Silky Anteater
- Grant Gustin as Razor McFinger and Leo
- Tom Kane as VoodooFinger
- David Kaufman as AnimalFinger
- Tom Kenny as Taily
- Eric Bauza as Fang Suckle; Tom
- Colleen Villard as Baylee Mardis
- Winona Ryder as Cocoa Chocola
- Grace Kaufman as Nutty Peanuts
- Michelle Ruff as Marshy Mallows
- Alicia Silverstone as Candi Corn
- Marnie McPhail as Candi Kane
- Jennifer Coolidge as Blue McBerry
- Pamela Adlon as Strawberry Cake
- Tara Platt as Orange Juice
- Diane Delano as Tara Taffy
- Ashley Johnson as Licorice von Delicious
- Rachel Dratch as Cherry Top
- Amy Gross as Queenie Quince
- John DiMaggio as Rolly the Armadillo
- There are titles in different countries:
- Spanish: Las crónicas de Collin el Niño Veloz
- French: Les Chroniques de Collin le Speedy Boy
- Italian: Le cronache di Collin Boy Speedy
- German: Die Chroniken von Collin die Speedy Boy
- Portuguese: As Crónicas de Collin, o Rapaz Veloz
- Russian: Хроники Collin скорейшего Boy (Khroniki Collin skoreyshego Boy)
- Japanese: コリンスピーディボーイのクロニクル
- Korean: 콜린 빠른 소년의 연대기
- Greek: Τα Χρονικά του Collin την ταχεία Αγόρι (Ta Chroniká tou Collin tin tacheía Agóri)
- China: 科林迅速男孩编年史
- Norway: TBA
- Finland: TBA
- Sweden: TBA
- Iceland: TBA
- Poland: Kroniki Collin Speedy Boy
- Most of the times, the characters gets broken into pieces, gets melted and etc. the cartoony way (similar to the way of Looney Tunes).
- An recurring running gag in the series is Bryte confronting/yelling at Eli and Fang.
In Canada, the series started airing on Teletoon and Cartoon Network Canada on January 20, 2018 and Feburary 3, 2018, respectively. In the UK, it started airing on Cartoon Network UK on December, a month after its premeire and in Boomerang in April. The series premieres on France on January 2018. The series premiered on June 9th on both Cartoon Network Asia and Cartoon Network Korea. The series will premiere on July 7 and July 14 on Cartoon Network Japan and Cartoon Network Taiwan, respectively.
Reruns started airing on Boomerang on March 3, 2018 and on Adult Swim on May 12, 2018 as part of its Toonami block.
Pop Culture referencesEdit
Adult humor contentsEdit
Although a kids show, the show does rarely contain adult humor. Those include:
- Swearing: Swearing is only heard 3 (or 4) times.
- In Season TBA episode TBA, when Collin is fed up with Goof's annoying jokes, he gets mad and says "Are you (bleep)ing kidding me?! Goof, stop your (bleep)ing jokes right (bleep)ing now!", shocking his friends and Goof.
- The show is rated TV-Y7-FV, while some it was rated TV-Y7.
- It was the first flash-animated non-DC Warner Bros. Animation show to actually include eye colors on the characters.
- The animation is somewhat similar to Bunnicula, but with eye-colors added on the characters and lips added to the female characters.
- Although premiered on CN back in 2017, in 2019, it was labeled the first WB Kids original series.
Since the premiere, it became one of the most-watched Cartoon Network series and is currently considered one of the best Warner Bros. Animation series ever to exist and currently the best media in the Collin the Speedy Boy series.
In addition to being a success, the show recieved instant critical acclaim. It was praised for its writing, characters, animation, and humor.